LCD Enhancements & LCD Glass Direct Bond
The Direct Bond removes two internal reflective surfaces by eliminating the air gaps between the LCD surface and the rear side of the outer glass or plastic substrate. AR (Anti-Reflective) or AG (Anti-Glare) coatings on the front surface increase the contrast ratio even further. A 20% improvement in contrast ratio is typical with this treatment.
Ruggedization / Environmental
- * Moisture due to condensation is eliminated between the LCD and the outer substrate
- Impact testing has shown significant improvement with a direct bonded front surface vs. an “adhered” – frame/gasket configuration with no bonding interlayer
Increase LCD display brightness without increasing the power or heat consumption of the panel
Improve contrast and readability
Improve clarity and quality
ESI offers custom light output reading with every prototyped panel
Order Your Free Optical Bond sample for display!
(size up to 15”)
Some error has occured.
Physical Properties of ESI Direct Bond
- High Strength
- Non-Yellowing Catalyst System
- Superior Adhesion
- Temperature Service Range = -55 degrees C to 200 degrees C
- Thermal Coefficient of Expansion = 30 x 10-5
- Elongation = ~ 220% Shrinkage < 0.1 %
Product Offering for LCD Direct Bond
- Anti-Reflective Coated Glass
- Anti-Glare or Matte Finish Glass
- Anti-Reflective Glass
- ITO Coated Glass
- Touch Panels
- Chemically Strengthened Glass
Specifications on above glass provided upon request.
Thickness Ranges: 1.1mm up to 6.0mm
Thicker configurations available per specification. Reliability for glass and coatings differ – those specifications can be provided as needed.
Touch Panel Lamination
ESI laminates its filters to existing touch panels and touch screens.
Privacy Filters for Touch Panels & Touch Screens
ESI can integrate its privacy filters with existing touch panels and touch screens.
Touch Panel & Touch Screen Direct Bond
ESI’s direct bonding process can be implemented in touch screen applications.
Display Ruggedization / Vandal Glass
ESI Glass to Glass Vandal Resistant Filters:
- Optically bond glass substrates up to 42” X 63″
- Protects LCD from vandalism and outdoor environments
- Improves readability of outdoor displays